With your help, seniors and disabled can live as independently as possible. We assist people
with physical and mental health needs and those at risk of abuse and neglect.
UW Initiatives and Programs
- Nurse Family Partnership (NFP) helps change the lives of vulnerable first-time moms and their babies through ongoing home visits from registered nurses. An investment in NFP saves communities more than it costs by reducing welfare, healthcare and juvenile justice expenditures.
- St. Tammany Suicide Prevention Support Program is a partnership of Parish Government, United Way, and community agencies created to address the high suicide rate in St. Tammany Parish. It provides counseling and mental health services, access to assistance and follow-up, and includes a community awareness and intervention campaign.
Program funding for agencies in three priority areas:
- Facilitate Physical & Behavioral Health Services: Infants Healthy Development, Access to Preventive Health Care & Treatment, Risk Avoidance & Wellness
- Take Care of our Seniors: Supports for Independence, Care for the Caregiver, End of Life Care
- Assist those with Disabilities: Early Intervention, Supports for Independence, Care for the Care Giver