Start Your Successful Campaign Here
KNOW UNITED WAY'S CAMPAIGN PROCESS
Become familiar with United Way and the role/responsibilities of an Employee Campaign Coordinator (ECC) by attending ECC Training.
Meet with your United Way Campaign Representative to assess the strengths and weaknesses of last year’s campaign and discuss potential areas of growth.
CONFIRM SUPPORT OF TOP MANAGEMENT
Their support is essential to a successful campaign.
Keep them informed and involved by asking them to:
- Announce your role as ECC
- Endorse a plan for leadership solicitation
- Review your overall campaign and goal
INCORPORATE GIVING PROGRAMS
Plan a separate management campaign and other programs with high growth potential.
Encourage Leadership Giving, a strategy easily implemented in a company of any size. Educate employees on other programs offered by United Way including Fair Share Giving, Richard Freeman Leaders in Giving Association and Women’s Leadership Council.
RECRUIT A CAMPAIGN TEAM
Utilize a campaign team to spread enthusiasm throughout your workplace and ease the ECC workload through teamwork.
- Recruit assistance from support staff to top management to gain various areas of expertise and ideas.
- Assign each team member duties according to each individual’s skill set or interest.
RECRUIT COMPANY COMMUNICATORS
Communicators meet with fellow employees to discuss donating to the campaign.
- Choose Communicators from your company or organization who are respected by their coworkers to highlight the benefits of giving a campaign contribution.
- Plan a Communicator Training Session to be led by your United Way Campaign Representative.
PRMOTE AND PUBLICIZE THE CAMPAIGN
Utilize email, newsletters and signage to help employees understand what United Way is and what we do to help the community.
Use the promotional tools & resources available on our website: www.unitedwaysela.org
HOLD EMPLOYEE GROUP MEETINGS
Bring employees together to hear a United Way presentation featuring an Impact Area Speaker or view the Campaign Video.
Distribute personalized pledge cards and ask that they be completed and returned at the end of the meeting.
UTILIZE SPECIAL EVENTS
Make your campaign fun and creative through the use of special events, competitions, contests, incentives and prizes. Creating your own company incentive program stimulates improved performance within your company’s campaign.
Those donating 1% or more of their income through their workplace campaign are eligible for Guideline Giving Incentives. Ask your United Way Campaign Representative for details.
PROMPTLY REPORT RESULTS
Reporting results in a timely manner allows United Way to efficiently process donations and respond to donor questions or requests. Make an initial report once the majority of pledge forms are collected.
THANK CONTRIBUTORS AND EVALUATE
Recognize and thank your campaign team, communicators and contributors. Evaluate the effectiveness of your campaign.
- Announce final results and thank employees through personal letters, departmental meetings, company newsletters and electronic communications.
- Use certificates, plaques, thank you cards, special awards, United Way pins or hold a Thank You event. Thanking fellow employees will make them more inclined to support United Way in the future!
- How successful was this year’s campaign? Which strategies were most/least successful?
For more information about how to run a successful campaign, contact Leigh Thorpe at 504-827-6815.