Welcome to United Way's Tangipahoa Regional Office!
View our new campaign video HERE (via YouTube)!
We're in the news!
Supporting Saints Day at Tucker Elementary School [more]
United Way of Southeast Louisiana is committed to Tangipahoa Parish.
Everyday, people in our community are struggling to put food on the table, cope with mental and physical health challenges or to be independent. One person can’t tackle every issue. It takes all of us working together. United Way of Southeast Louisiana is the most effective and efficient way for you to support our region. Your hard earned dollars stay in our community to help with needs as varied as the people who live here. We support over 130 programs in Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa and Washington Parishes. Last year more than 488,000 services were provided to individuals throughout our community thanks to donations through United Way.
We make the most impact on our community by focusing on three impact areas:
Education, Income and Health.
EDUCATION We prepare children and youth for success in learning by building character; helping kids develop to their fullest potential and graduate. We support programs providing quality services that make an impact on Education in our community.
- 129 advocates were provided to Tangipahoa’s children so they could live in homes safe and free from neglect and abuse.
- THE RESULT: 129 families functioned without abuse.
INCOME We assist people in times of need with emergency food and shelter. We help hard working families achieve financial stability and independence. We support programs providing quality services that make an impact on Income in our community.
- More than 2,000,000 pounds of balanced/nutritional food was distributed to Tangiphahoa residents in need.
- THE RESULT: 15,612 families had their basic food needs met.
HEALTH We help people with physical and mental health needs and those at risk of abuse and neglect. We also help seniors and those with disabilities live as independently as possible. We support programs providing quality services that make an impact on Health in our community.
- Tangipahoa Seniors with disabilities spent 38,897 hours in self-care activities to help them function more independently.
- THE RESULT: 813 Seniors were successful in day-to-day activities such as cooking, cleaning, having their transportation needs met or paying their utility bills.
Last year residents of Tangipahoa Parish sought help through United Way partners more than 70,000 times. Thanks to you, we were there to help them. The reasons varied from basic needs - such as food - to more complex needs - such as counseling for victims of abuse.
- Our call center partner agency helped direct people to the services they needed almost 2,800 times;
- During the 2014 tax season, more than 450 tax returns were prepared through a free local tax preparation assistance program we support - which pumped over $162,000 into our community;
- Due to our partnership with Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, United Way helped organize and facilitate a local community coalition to spearhead the Imagination Library Early Literacy program throughout Tangipahoa Parish.
- We conducted an extensive distribution of the Familywize prescription discount cards free of charge throughout the parish. The card can help lower the cost of prescription medicine.
At United Way, we join people like you and connect with government, businesses, nonprofits, faith groups and more to identify the big issues that affect our region. We work together to figure out solutions. That could mean putting funding into programs that already exist or implementing new ones to help tackle those issues.
Give. Advocate. Volunteer. LIVE UNITED.