EFSP FUNDS AVAILABLE TO NONPROFITS IN ORLEANS AND
ST. BERNARD PARISHES
Orleans and St. Bernard Parishes have been awarded Federal funds made available through the Department of Homeland Security’s Federal Emergency Management Agency in the amount of $207,091 and $22,418 respectively. Funds must be used to supplement food, shelter, rent-mortgage & utility assistance efforts in ongoing programs to assist people with economic emergencies unrelated to disasters.
Only non-profit organizations or units of government in Orleans or St. Bernard Parishes are eligible to apply and must abide by the following:
1) Be a non-profit organization with a voluntary board or government agency.
2) Be eligible to receive Federal funds,
3) Have a financial control system that allows for effective control over and accountability for all funds,
4) Practice non-discrimination,
5) Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs.
The Emergency Food & Shelter Program application is available now.
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS AUGUST 8, 2019.
Please direct questions to Tap Bui at TapB@unitedwaysela.org