EFSP Phase 38 funds are now available.
If you are applying for multiple parishes, submit only one application but include a budget for each parish you are applying for. Please note the spending period for Phase 38 is January 1, 2020 – EXTENDED to October 31, 2021. If funded, EFSP funds must be expended within this time period.
Submissions are now closed.
DEADLINE TO APPLY: FEBRUARY 3, 2021
What is EFSP, Phase 38 Allocations?
The Emergency Food and Shelter Program (EFSP) was established in 1983 by Congress with the intent of supplementing local efforts to provide emergency shelter and food to people in need. The EFSP National Board governs the EFSP Program. Congress has appropriated $125 million for use in FY 2020 (Phase 38). The National Board has also included a reallocation of $15 million. This brings the total available for allocation in Phase 38 to $140 million.
→ Learn more about Phase 38.
→ To better understand allowable costs and reporting expectations under each funded EFSP category, please download the EFSP Quick Reference Guides.
IMPORTANT: Watch the Overview and Guidance Webinar (You will be required to download the free Adobe Connect Application)
- Be a non-profit organization with a voluntary board or government agency,
- Be eligible to receive Federal funds,
- Have a financial control system that allows for effective control over and accountability for all funds,
- Practice non-discrimination,
- Have demonstrated the capability to deliver emergency food and/or shelter programs.
→ Apply Here.