The Prosperity Center
The Prosperity Center is our one-stop financial stability center offering an array of programming to residents in Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, and Washington parishes, including financial education and coaching, credit building and counseling, benefits screening, and income tax assistance.
With locations in Orleans (J. Wayne Leonard Prosperity Center) and St. Tammany (Northshore Prosperity Center) parishes, both centers also house United Way’s IDA Project, a matched savings account program helping low-income individuals through a 4:1 match of their own savings for a home, small business, post-secondary education, vehicle purchase, or home maintenance.
Financial Capability Specialists are trained to help you understand your financial position; identify obstacles to your financial success, and establish a plan to achieve your financial goals.
Prosperity Center participants begin their path to financial freedom by accessing any of our financial capability services:
- Financial Education – Group seminars covering a broad spectrum of financial topics.
- Financial Coaching – Ongoing one-on-one interactions empowering participants to address short to long-term financial issues
- Credit Improvement Services – Counseling services designed to identify and prioritize credit-building strategies
- Access to Safe and Affordable Financial Products – Provide alternative options to high-cost financial service providers (e.g. check cashers and payday lenders)
- Access to Federal and State Benefits – Comprehensive screening to determine federal and state eligibility for participants
- Free Tax Preparation Assistance – Inclusive tax preparation services integrated with financial education
- Incentivized Savings Program – Matched-savings program designed to encourage savings behavior for specified assets
- Asset Ownership Programs – Wealth building programming designed to help participants purchase and maintain assets, such as a home, business, or obtaining an education
- Workforce Development Soft Skills – a combination of soft skills training that enables participants to navigate their environment, work well with others, perform well and achieve employment
About the Prosperity Center
The Prosperity Center is United Way of Southeast Louisiana's one-stop financial capability center model, offering an array of programming to area residents, including financial education and coaching, credit building and counseling, benefits screening, matched savings, soft skills training. Take a virtual tour of the Prosperity Center!