ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The United for Early Care and Education program, a United Way of Southeast Louisiana (UWSELA) initiative, in partnership with Loyola University New Orleans College of Law and Agenda for Children, is proud to provide resources about the Second Draw Paycheck Protection Program (PPP2) to childhood education center directors.
As a part of the United for ECE, free limited legal advice is provided to program participants for compliance with the PPP program to maximize loan forgiveness. The United for ECE will provide information about grants and/or loans that may be available to your center due to the adverse impacts of COVID-19. Through this initiative, program participants will also receive assistance in applying for PPP2 loan forgiveness.
There are two parts to this application. Part one is to fill out the application below.
- Next, we will evaluate your application.
- If you move on to part two of the application process, you will receive an email from email@example.com.
> Need more information about the program? Find resources, including FAQs and webinars, here.
- Early care and education providers must: Have a quality rating score of Approaching Proficient or better;
- Receive public funds to serve low-income children;
- Be based in UWSELA’s service area, including: Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, and Washington parishes; and
- Want help in maintaining or obtaining loans and/or grants for your business that were designed to help businesses adversely impacted by COVID-19.
Priority will be given to providers that have received PPP loans and need guidance for how to have these loans forgiven. You will be required to report the amount and date that you received PPP funds, as well as any other government sponsored loans and/or grants that you have received related to COVID-19.
This program is designed to prioritize centers who are the most in-need of legal assistance and are the most at-risk of losing loan forgiveness without assistance.
More information about the PPP, EIDL, and Mainstreet Recovery Grant click here.