Workplaces recognized at United Way’s virtual annual meeting for contributing more than $4 million to UW annual campaign
NEW ORLEANS – United Way of Southeast Louisiana announced Wednesday Southeast Louisiana’s 2020 Most Generous Workplaces at its annual meeting of members, which occurred virtually for the first time.
Collectively, the workplaces contributed $4.4 million through employee contributions and corporate gifts and fundraisers to UWSELA’s annual campaign.
The 2020 Top 10 Most Generous Workplaces include the following businesses in Southeast Louisiana:
- Entergy Corporation
- Valero Meraux Refinery
- Chalmette Refining, LLC - PBF Energy
- International Paper
- Freeport-McMoRan, Inc.
- Pan-American Life Insurance Group
- Zachry Group
Zachry Group and IBERIABANK are newcomers to the annual ranking, which is determined by a workplace’s philanthropic contributions to and through UWSELA during the previous fiscal year.
United Way also recognized its 2020 Live United Awards, which recognize individuals and partners who exemplify what it means to LIVE UNITED, joining UWSELA in our fight for equitable communities where all individuals are healthy, educated, and financially stable.
2019-2020 Live United Awards
- Volunteer of the Year - Chris Kaufmann, Fire Chief, St. Tammany Parish Fire District #1
- Community Impact Funding Partner Award - Capital One
- Community Impact Service Partner - Southeast Louisiana Legal Services
- Hidden Hero - Martha Lemoine, Course Instructor, Nancy M. Marsiglia Institute of Justice
- Hidden Hero - Rubensteins
- Outstanding Communications - Tom Groom, Account Executive, DocuMart
- Public Policy Award - Joe Exnicios, President, Hancock Whitney
The meeting also featured the induction of new volunteer leadership positions and board of trustees members. United Way announced Shell retiree and Women United member Cathy McRae as the 2020-21 Board of Trustees Chair, taking over for Hancock Whitney Senior Regional President Gary Lorio.
In addition, new members were elected to UWSELA’s Board of Trustees including:
- Rachel Shields, chief of staff, Greater New Orleans, Inc.
- Bryan Scofield, senior vice president human resources, Pan-American Life Insurance Group
- Paul Matthews, deputy port director, Plaquemines Port Harbor and Terminal District
- Tandra LeMay, Louisiana government affairs director, Verizon
All new appointees will assume their positions on July 1.
About United Way of Southeast Louisiana
For 95 years, United Way of Southeast Louisiana (UWSELA) has been a leader and trusted partner in improving lives and making a lasting difference. We fight to eradicate poverty by preparing people for quality jobs, growing incomes, and affording better health and education opportunities throughout Jefferson, Orleans, Plaquemines, St. Bernard, St. Tammany, Tangipahoa, and Washington parishes. We have a bold vision of equitable communities where all individuals are healthy, educated, and financially stable – and we have a plan. United Way of Southeast Louisiana’s Blueprint for Prosperity guides all strategic investments in programs, initiatives, collaborations, volunteerism, and advocacy aimed at tackling poverty. For more information, please visit UnitedWaySELA.org. Find us on social: @UnitedWaySELA.