The 2018 Open Enrollment for health coverage is around the corner. Here are some important things to know before you enroll:
- Open Enrollment for 2018 health insurance runs from November 1 through December 15, 2017. That means you only have 45 days to enroll compared to 90 days in previous years.
- If you join a plan during Open Enrollment, coverage starts January 1, 2018.
- You don’t have to wait until November 1 to look at health plan options. Visit www.healthcare.gov now to preview plans and prices.
- To get in-person assistance, please visit https://localhelp.healthcare.gov/#/ to find the nearest assister or call 1-800-318-2596. Please note that the Healthcare.gov site will be shut down for maintenance every Sunday from midnight to noon, except Sunday, December 10, 2017.
- Make sure you have some health coverage or you will have to pay a penalty. In 2017, the penalty was $695 or up to $2,085 a family.
Vice President of Community Impact
Health and Fund Distribution
United Way of Southeast Louisiana