May 3, 2023
NEW ORLEANS – The Nancy M. Marsiglia Institute of Justice honored graduates of its spring 2023 cohort during a ceremony held at Loyola University New Orleans College of Law on April 19.
Presented by United Way of Southeast Louisiana and Loyola University New Orleans College of Law, the Marsiglia Institute brings together community members from diverse backgrounds to study the U.S. Constitution and its applications over 12 weeks.
The commencement proceedings included mock hearings where teams of participants gave arguments on Constitutional topics to sitting judges.
Spring 2023 Distinguished Fellows include:
- Razan Badr, Rep. Aimee Adatto Freeman’s Office
- Jamene Dahmer, United Way of Southeast Louisiana
- Brandon Dorrington, Bastion
- Kari Elgin, ACLU of Louisiana
- Alane Haik, Metro Centers for Community Advocacy
- Terri Lessnau, Clover
- Lisette Lichtenstein, Retired
- Cristina Martinez Istillarte, Puentes New Orleans
- Katelyn McGruder, United Way of Southeast Louisiana
- Emily Meyers, United Way of Southeast Louisiana
- Monica Wegmann Smith, St. George’s Episcopal School
- Cassandra Tucker, Office of Community Dev./Div. of Admin./Disaster Recovery Unit
- Sophie Wegmann, Retired
Fellows leave the course armed with a deeper understanding of U.S. government, how to engage in public policy and ways to promote civil discourse. Learn more about the Marsiglia Institute at UnitedWaySELA.org/MarsigliaInstitute.