PRINCIPLES, ACTIONS, AND BELIEFS
- We do not sell customer information.
- Without the customer’s consent, we do not provide customer information to organizations or individuals outside the United Way family of organizations.
- We contractually require any person or organization providing services or products to UWSELA to protect the confidentiality of customer information.
- We will hold strictly confidential all information concerning donors and prospects, including names, addresses, names of beneficiaries, nature and value of estates, amounts of provisions or gifts, etc., unless a donor or prospect grants permission to use selective information for purposes of referral, testimonial, example, recognition or publicity.
- We have procedures in place to limit access to information to those employees and volunteers who need to know such information in order to fulfill our mission.
- We educate our employees and volunteers on the importance of protecting the privacy and security of confidential personal and organizational information.
- We will use our best efforts to comply with the expressed wishes of any customer who does not want their name used in any promotional material, wishes their name removed from solicitation lists or wishes to have their gifts or services be anonymous.
- We will collect, use and share information about customers among employees, volunteers, affiliated agencies, other United Ways and United Way Worldwide only on a need-to-know basis and for the sole purpose of carrying out UWSELA’s mission.
- Information collected and used includes personal information obtained from donors, volunteers and prospects through pledge cards, letters, surveys, applications and other forms, in writing, in person, by telephone or electronically (e.g. name, address, employer, birth date, credit card number, family members, interests, etc.).
- Individual information may also be collected about donors, volunteers, and prospects’ present and past giving history, volunteer activity, committee service, information from public documents and reports and any other interactions an individual may have had with UWSELA or its partners.
- Organizational information is collected from UWSELA-affiliated partners and prospective partners for the purposes of granting funds to these organizations. This information includes all data related to the present, past, and future operational, financial, planning, governance, functioning and structure of the partners.