211 Is Here to Help Every Person In Our Community
In a crisis, in a disaster, in a pandemic, 211 is here to help every person in our community. From finding food and help paying for housing and bills to connecting to other essential services, 211 is there.
Every 211 is part of a national network, United to help as many people as possible. Here at home, United Way of Southeast Louisiana is proud partner with VIA LINK to bring 211 to our neighbors in need.
We’ve all experienced crisis and its raw and paralyzing effects. Some households are fortunate to have the resources, family, and friends to offer support and solace. But most do not. In hard times, United Way is grateful to have an expert partner like VIA LINK offering 211 services to our Southeast Louisiana neighbors with seemingly nowhere to turn.
Here’s why you should use this vital service and let others know about it, too.
1. 211 provides connections to many kinds of resources and services, including:
• Crisis and emergency counseling for mental health concerns, suicide intervention, domestic violence, sexual assault, and human trafficking
• Disaster assistance
• Financial assistance, literacy, and coaching
• Health care and insurance assistance
• Stable housing and utilities payment assistance
• Unemployment services
• Veteran services
• Child care and family services
2. The 211 specialists are amazing listeners! When someone has a crisis they can reach a real person, a caring expert, a 211 specialist who offers comfort, hope, and solutions - from the first hello to the final connection to help.
3. 211 is simple and convenient to use. The service is free, confidential, and accessible 24/7/365. It’s also available in more than 180 languages. You can dial 2-1-1 on your phone and speak to a trained specialist. Or you can browse local resources online. The service is also available by text (send your ZIP code to 898-211) or web chat and email at VIALINK.org.
4. 211 tackles problems at the roots. In fact, armed with accurate, thorough information, 211 specialists are trained to identify and address the underlying root causes of a client’s problem and connect them with a wide range of available resources that meet all their underlying needs, not just the one that prompted the call, text, or email.
From hello to help, 211 is here for every person and every problem.
Learn more and get help by visiting VIALINK.org. And share this information with as many people as possible, so everyone knows where to turn for help.
President and CEO
United Way of Southeast Louisiana